Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Exercise?

So, in my quest to simplify my life, I have decided that I need to find an extra hour in every day to exercise.  I came to this conclusion yesterday while I was standing at the pool in my new bathing suit, thinking I should be feeling great, yet I felt a little jiggly!!  I am so proud of myself for losing the weight that I gained while I was pregnant (yea me!); I'm not proud of myself for not firming up the way I wanted to.  Before baby, I had envisioned getting home from work every day, putting on my sneakers and going for walk or a run with the baby in the stroller; now, I am lucky to get home from work, get everyone fed and in their PJs before bedtime - by the time I get it all done, I am too tired to lift my head off the couch, much less go for a run.  "Run" is no longer in this mom's vocabulary....But it's summer time now and I want to be that "hot" mom at the pool that all the other mom's look at with envy, wishing they could have my body.  Or that my husband looks at with the look in his eye that says, "Yep, that's my wife."  So, I am going to try to get this body in motion and get in shape - I'll let you know if I make it farther than the end of the driveway!

No comments:

Post a Comment