Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

So, yesterday was my second official mother's day.  Aaahh, I get to sleep in, do nothing all day and have my husband spoil me - right?  Wrong!!  Due to the overeating of my son on Saturday evening, my husband and I were washing sheets at 11:00 pm and ended up falling asleep on the sofa, to which I woke up at 6:00 am (on the only day that I am given a hall pass to sleep as late as I want) and quietly turned on the tv and watched the new episode of Ruby (I can't help it, I am addicted to reality television).  An hour and a half later, the baby woke up; my husband, who had gone into my stepson's bedroom in the middle of the night, came running out and down the hall to get the baby so Mommy doesn't wake up...too late, Mommy already awake, getting baby out of his crib.  Snuggling back into bed with "little bit,"waiting for my husband to come back with a little bit of milk for the hungry one, my son looks at me and says, "Hap Mommy" and I melt.  All of a sudden I don't remember the incident from the night before or the temper tantrum last Wednesday because I put the wagon away.  All I could think of was how lucky I am to be able to be called "Mommy" and to have this wonderful, precious one look up at me and know that I will always be there for him despite the moments that my perfectionist world would rather not acknowledge.  I think this could be the best mother's day EVER!!  Hap Mommy to all the mothers out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment