Friday, June 10, 2011

Is the American Dream Still Alive?

So we get up in the morning, go to work and get paid, clip coupons and check for deals to save money; instead of buying the designer new clothes, we shop at the outlets and Old Navy - all in an effort to save enough money to buy a house in a nice neighborhood with good schools.  And I'm not looking for a HUGE house - there are few things on my "want" list and I don't think they are unrealistic.  I want an open kitchen and a master suite.  An open kitchen because I want to be able to have the kids in the kitchen with me while I cook and a master suite because yes, Mommy needs privacy sometimes!  Other than that - I'll take three or four bedrooms, modest yard, garage (or not)....here's the problem - Unless you have someone giving you the money, you sell another house, you have no other expenses or you are just independently wealthy, it is almost impossible to come up with a 20% down payment plus closing costs in an area that to buy something decent is going to cost over 400,000.  So how do you make the American Dream a reality?

No comments:

Post a Comment