Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Time for Myself

Okay, so I know that I am no busier than any other mother out there, but, I must say (and speak up if you are the same way), I feel I have no time for myself.  I know most of the time, i do it to myself.  If I am not cooking dinner or washing the clothes, then I see something that needs to be picked up and put away or cleaned or something.  For example, Sunday morning after a wonderful Father's Day breakfast, the kids were watching a movie, husband had to go check on something for work, the house was quiet...but did I sit down?  No, I decided that I need to oil my dining room table AND polish my silver.  Then, I decided that I should sort through some baby clothes and put them downstairs and wash three loads of clothes, etc, etc, etc.  I think you get the picture.  So this weekend (drum roll please) I actually made an appointment to get my hair done and my eyebrows waxed!  While that may not seem like a big deal to most of you, it's a huge deal for me, because I am walking away from my motherly, wifely duties, if only for a few hours, and tending to myself and no one else.  Yea, me.  Now if only I could find the time to fit the exercise routine into the schedule (yes, I am still working on that! Baby steps.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment