Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year, New Resolutions

It’s that time of year again – time for the New Year’s resolutions.  But this year, I’ve resolved to be simpler.  I am not going to resolve to get back into my pre-pregnancy jeans….I’ll do it, but I’ll do it on my own schedule, I am not going to feel pressured to do it by the end of the year.  And, I’m not going to resolve to be debt free.  Heck, with being a federal employee, and almost going over that Fiscal Cliff, I can’t count on any big pay raises.  I will be smart with my money and continue paying down my debt.  But, I would do that anyway, regardless of it being a new year.  No, this year, I am going to go much more realistic, much more simple….I resolve to stop allowing the judgments of others affect me.  I resolve to be more confident in who I am and where I am going, regardless of what people’s opinions are of what I “should be doing.”  I have let this type of negative behavior lead me for too long and now I am going to work on stopping it, living my life for me and for my husband and children.  By doing this, it will help me to stop passing judgment on others and realize that life isn’t easy, people do the best they can, and whatever they are doing may just work for them.  I am going to live by the motto, “Unless you walk in my shoes, you can’t possibly know what’s best for me.”  Now, this is not to say that I am going to become all “self-righteous” and not care about other people.  No, not at all, I think this will help me care more, starting with myself!  Here’s to a great 2013!!!
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment