Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday Afternoons

Oh how I love Sunday afternoons.  All the laundry is done, errands run, soup in the crock pot, toddler napping.  It is the best time during the week.  No going 110 miles an hour; it is my time to actually sit with my feet propped up on the couch and do whatever I want to do.  I do not have to try to understand toddler-speak, I don't have to nag my husband to put away the bread in the kitchen after he is done using it.  While I love trying to translate my son's language and I really love to nag my husband, I look forward to my time.  Does this make me selfish?  Maybe.  But I figured there are 7 days in a week, I am selfless 6 of those days, I am allowed to be selfish for one.  I allowed to sit on fanny and do nothing for a couple of hours one day a week.  Don't take away my Sundays!  Oops, I hear the baby.  Sunday afternoon is officially over! 

No comments:

Post a Comment