Thursday, April 26, 2012

I Need Sleep!!

I am sooooo tired.  I know, it’s something that you hear every day from moms, especially working moms.  But really, I am tired!  After two days of driving, four glorious days in Charleston doing nothing, two more days of driving, and three nights of a non-sleeping two year old, this mom is tired.  All I want, all I need, is one good night of sleep.  Really, that’s all I ask for.  I want to go home, prop my feet up, watch a few hours of my DVR’d shows, and crawl into bed, to only be woken up by the alarm tomorrow morning, not a screaming two year old at 1:00 in the morning that won’t go back to sleep unless you lay down with him.

To set up my plan of sleep, I tried to talk with my son on the way to work this morning, explaining to him that he needed to sleep in his big boy bed, that mommy was tired.  He responded, “I’m not tired.”  And I said, “You should be.  You don’t sleep well when you sleep with mommy and daddy.”  To which he said, “Yes, I do.  (when did he figure out he knows what’s best for him…..) Looks like another sleepless night for me.  Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday.  I don’t think I could make it through another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment